Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Car Accident (Day 5)

So today, I vowed that I would not masturbate. Fortunately, I had a much needed distraction from the addiction. This afternoon I got a knock on my door from the neighbor across the way. Apparently, the seventy year old woman that lives across the street backed into my car smashing the front driver side door completely in. I can't even open my door to get into my car from that side of the car. Meaning, to drive the damn thing, I would have to climb over the middle from the passenger side to get into the driver's seat.

This isn't the first time that she has hit a car that was parked where mine was. The first time, she hit my friend's car and didn't even tell anyone about it. We wouldn't have found out at all if it wasn't for the fact that a neighbor down the road a ways saw it happen. So we found out later and it was just a small scratch so it wasn't a huge deal. This however, huge deal. I was completely pissed and it's a good thing the cop didn't come right away or I probably would have filed charges giving the old lady a misdemeanor. However, after I had some time to cool down, I realized that that wasn't the course of action I wanted to take, so I didn't press charges.

On an unrelated note, I got an email from the director of my church's college and young adult Sunday School class. He wants to have dinner with me sometime. I'm really excited to do this because I feel like they are taking an interest in getting to know me. This is great because I felt like I couldn't get to know anyone on a very intimate level if it was completely up to me. However, I was prepared to do just that. I really want to become a part of something at my church. I hope we get a chance to have lunch sometime in the future.

Back to my goal. I was unable to make it the entire day. I made it very close though. If I had just gone to bed at 11pm instead of getting up to check my email on the computer, I would have made it. It seems though that whenever I'm on the Internet late at night, I'm the most vulnerable. I need to remember this for the future.

So new goal. Tomorrow I will guarantee a masturbation free day. I will do everything in my power to make this dream a reality. I think that during the day I will be quite busy with trying to get the insurance issue straightened out on my car, so that should be easy enough. However, the evening seems to be the most stressful time. I will find something to occupy my time tomorrow night so that I am not tempted to my addiction.

Tomorrow, one day without it. I can do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home