Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Network Security.. aka Study Hall.

I found a blog the other day that I think is hilarious. You can find it here.

So I have this class called Network Security. I am an accounting major, so at first I thought, ok, I can see the relevance here. I figured at some point in my accouting career I'll need to know something about network security. I was right... while at the same time being so so so so so wrong. The class appears to be divided into two segments. The people that sit on the left side of the room and the people that sit on the right side of the room. This is pretty funny because, the people on the left side of the room, don't pay attention.. at all. We do things like post on blogs, instant message and look up directions to our favorite destinations around the campus.

The people on the right side of the room however, nerds, everyone of them. Not a single one of them is not completely engaged in every word the professor has to say, it's actually pretty unbelievable. The professor, he's a story in and of himself. Large large nerd. Dont get me wrong, I love a good computer game. In fact, I play one all the time that I'm not at school. However, I don't neccessarily consider myself on the same level as the people in this class, simply because I am sometimes capable of going on a date with a girl. Sometimes.

For some reason, I'm not good at approaching girls. Don't really know why. I feel like sometimes I come off as creepy and weird, but I have no reason to think that because I don't really talk or stare or do anything particularly creepy. I just kind of do my own thing and wait for them to fall into my lap. Which doesn't really happen either, except in the case of my ex. She fell into my lap. She pretty much did everything but ask me out on the first date. I managed to do that, but only after severe prodding from everyone I work with.

I have developed more confidence in my approach to girls, however, I just generally dont approach them at school because I figure that like myself, they would rather just be left alone to do their school work. I didn't sign up for college to meet a girl, I signed up to build a life for myself. However, if I happened to meet a girl at school, that would be a fantastic bonus. There are plenty of good looking girls that I think I could actually have a chance with at my school, but my fear of approaching them is what holds me back. Mostly becuase I don't want to be mistaken for a typical guy. I don't want to be that hybrid preppy/jock that flirts with anything and everything that moves and I think that if I were to approach a girl, that's the impression that I would give off.

I have some weird things going on in my head. I'd much rather have a girl approach me because at that point I would know that there is some serious interest there and I would have nothing to lose if I were to ask her out. That however, is not something that happens. I do find myself with a new sense of confidence in the fact that I can date good looking girls, I just wonder how long it will be before I find another one. I hope it's not too long because I really dig having a girl. Dating is really fun and I miss being able to go out on dates.

I'm pretty romantic when it comes down to it. I like wining and dining my date. I'm very gentlemenly on my dates also. I treat girls like they should be treated, I just haven't had a lot of opportunities to hone my skills.

I'm pretty excited about my prospects though. I'm a nice guy. I've got a great job. I support myself. I'm working on my Masters Degree. I'm a good catch for any girl that comes around. That makes me excited for future possibilities. I'm kind of excited to get back into dating again, I just hope I find quality girls to date and I muster up the courage to ask them out on dates. Wish me luck!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home