Following the Drull.. or something?
So ya, ended up not even going to church. It really pissed me off too. I feel so damn guilty about it after not going. I'll start one of these days.
The work is beginning to pile on now. Past the mid point of the semester and I've got so much stuff due within the next week or so. At this point, I don't think about how my life is going to end if I don't get this paper done or if I don't study for that test. I look at it a little differently. I think ok.. all I have to do is make it through today and it'll be tomorrow and things will be alright.
I think that's a far superior way to look at things then to stress about what is coming up and what is due. I don't feel nearly as much pressure as my comrades.
Time for a completely unrelated thought.
I'm beginning to feel my age. I just turned twenty-five, which isn't that old comparatively. However, yesterday I was chatting online with one of my friends and on my media player, the song Talks to Angels popped up by the Black Crows. I made a comment to him about how the Black Crows completely own. To which he responded, I have no idea who that is. I was pretty flabergasted at first. Then I realized he was 19 and the Crows were popular in the 90s, and early to mid at that. That would put him at about 10-13. Another example. My ex-girlfriend. She just turned 21 this summer. It was not uncommon for me to receive "cradle-robber" comments from friends and family. Now, I know that they were not meant to be mean, in fact in all cases they were jokes, but it was just something to think about. It's not even like 25 and 21 are that far apart, but I'll admit, I felt a little aged when I would hear those things.
Age isn't something that frightens me though. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a little worried that I'll never find someone to date again, but that's stupid and I will because I'm a pretty marketable guy. But that has nothing to do with an actual fear of age or aging. I figure that I'm in great shape. I'm not afraid to die. I'm excited for what life holds. I don't let things stress me. Words to live by if you ask me.
The work is beginning to pile on now. Past the mid point of the semester and I've got so much stuff due within the next week or so. At this point, I don't think about how my life is going to end if I don't get this paper done or if I don't study for that test. I look at it a little differently. I think ok.. all I have to do is make it through today and it'll be tomorrow and things will be alright.
I think that's a far superior way to look at things then to stress about what is coming up and what is due. I don't feel nearly as much pressure as my comrades.
Time for a completely unrelated thought.
I'm beginning to feel my age. I just turned twenty-five, which isn't that old comparatively. However, yesterday I was chatting online with one of my friends and on my media player, the song Talks to Angels popped up by the Black Crows. I made a comment to him about how the Black Crows completely own. To which he responded, I have no idea who that is. I was pretty flabergasted at first. Then I realized he was 19 and the Crows were popular in the 90s, and early to mid at that. That would put him at about 10-13. Another example. My ex-girlfriend. She just turned 21 this summer. It was not uncommon for me to receive "cradle-robber" comments from friends and family. Now, I know that they were not meant to be mean, in fact in all cases they were jokes, but it was just something to think about. It's not even like 25 and 21 are that far apart, but I'll admit, I felt a little aged when I would hear those things.
Age isn't something that frightens me though. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a little worried that I'll never find someone to date again, but that's stupid and I will because I'm a pretty marketable guy. But that has nothing to do with an actual fear of age or aging. I figure that I'm in great shape. I'm not afraid to die. I'm excited for what life holds. I don't let things stress me. Words to live by if you ask me.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home